Commercial Development in the Northwest
Established in January of 2013, Strongbox Self-Storage opened the doors to the first of its operating sites in July of the same year.
Financed by unitised sales, this site located in Haydock, St Helens has gone on to be one of the most successful self- storage facilities in the UK with over 90% occupancy being achieved within the first 18 months of trading.
The site was purchased, developed and is now being managed by entities that form part of the wider family of NewRegen. The project had a GDV of £1.3million.
Capital Developments is part of a wider group of companies based in Liverpool that offer strong knowledge and experience across all aspects of property investment, finance, development and management. The group was formed by Gary Quillan, a financial advisor initially founding Accelerated Bridging Finance in 2005. Quickly growing into a company with a £5 million loan book, it predominantly provides finance for the development of commercial and residential properties throughout the UK.
Shortly after establishing the business and noticing several potential opportunities throughout the UK property market, Gary established Capital Developments for the purpose of redeveloping brownfield sites into large-scale property developments. Capital Developments specialises in both residential and student markets throughout the UK's ‘Northern Powerhouse’ region, now boasting award-winning status after one of its projects was crowned the ‘Best Small New Home’ at the North West Property Awards in 2018. Up against many impressive schemes, Capital Developments are proud to have won such a prestigious title reflecting the hard-work and dedication put in by the entire team.
Known to exercise the highest level of technical construction and build quality across all projects and to consistently complete builds on time and on budget, Capital Developments are a rapidly expanding development company with serious ambitions to expand their portfolio and continue to transform areas with huge potential throughout the UK. Current Sites include the following:
- L1 Studios, Liverpool City Centre (L1): 52 student studio apartments are just a minute walk from Liverpool One, a £960 million retail development constructed by the Duke of Westminster. The development is currently onsite and will complete towards the end of 2018.
- One Islington Plaza, Liverpool City Centre (L3): 317 studio and en suite apartments located in the immediate vicinity of the University of Liverpool as well as Liverpool Hope University. Construction is well underway, and completion is scheduled for the end of 2018.
- City Residence, Liverpool North City Centre Regeneration Zone: A two-phase development; Phase 1 is now completed and consists of 30 houses and Phase 2 launching 78 luxury apartments is due onsite by Q4 2018.
- Crosby Gardens, North Liverpool: A striking residential development of 41 apartments at the core of one of Liverpool’s most affluent suburbs. Just minutes from the beautiful waterfront, a selection of deluxe apartments will stir up high demand from working professionals in the city centre seeking enjoyment from a relaxing, coastal residence with a whole host of urban amenities.
- Sky Gardens, North Liverpool: Situated in an area named as one of the top 10 places to live in the North West by the Sunday Times. This is a building of 43 apartments with a fabulous roof terrace which will be a unique, luxury facility in the area offering stunning views of the city and waterfront.
City Residence – Liverpool Central North - Prices from £129,950
New Release: City Residence – Liverpool Central North
City Residence is a unique residential project comprised of stunning 3 and 4-bedroom townhouses in a gated development community at the heart of Liverpool. The townhouses are designed with modern, Scandinavian influences and come with fully fitted kitchens, all white goods, superior wooden flooring throughout both living areas and bathroom areas, plus large private gardens. Secure parking spaces are also available on site.
Priced below market value from just £129,995, these beautiful townhouses are equivalent to the cost of a 2-bedroom apartment in the city centre. They display exceptional value for money and also boast a 7% NET rental return assured in an outstanding location for buy to let property. Situated between three major regeneration zones and part of the Liverpool Central North regeneration plan, over £5.5 billion in investment is taking place just outside the doors of these townhouse properties which are also within a short distance from the commercial district and train stations.
This project is now completed and fully tenanted, with construction progressing on time and on budget as expected from any Capital Developments project. The previous brownfield site has been completely transformed into a major residential landmark which became 100% rented out in record time. Recently winning the award for the ‘Best Small New Home Development’ at the North West Property Awards 2018, City Residence is a significant success story proven to design, build and deliver a high quality of technical construction. Exciting plans for a Phase II launch are now evolving, set to bring a complex of apartments to the same area which has proved so productive for investors during Phase I.
- Below Market Value Properties
- 7% Assured Net Rental Income
- Buy to Let Mortgages Available*
- £5.5bn Regeneration Area
- 3 Minutes from City Centre
- Discounted Prices from £129,950 (Market Price £149,995)
A Hotspot for Regeneration in Liverpool
Liverpool is currently undergoing a major transformation with a huge amount of private investment being injected into the local economy. Over the last five years, there has been a significant amount of capital investment in the city centre specifically, such as the £960 million Liverpool One shopping centre which has spurred additional regeneration throughout the rest of the city.
Land is now limited in the centre and the council has responded by creating a new housing area called Liverpool Central North where City Residence is aptly located. This hotspot zone is surrounded by numerous regeneration projects helping to shape Liverpool’s growth in the residential sector.
1. Project Jennifer is a £150 million new regeneration scheme primarily made up of an 80,000 square foot district centre and the largest Liverpool supermarket for the north city centre which is only 300 meters away from City Residence. Many aspects of this project are complete with private funding still ongoing. The new £15 million school recently completed along with the ‘Greatie’ indoor and outdoor market. A large retail park is also underway.
2. Anfield is undergoing a £260 million capital injection just 1.3km away from the City Residence townhouse development. Involving the eventual expansion of the famous Anfield Football Stadium to 60,000 supporters, a new retail element, a £10 million hotel, a boulevard with restaurants, bars and the ‘Anfield Village’ town centre, a number of new jobs will be generated alongside a demand for more residential housing in the local vicinity.
3. Liverpool Waters is being established by the same developer that brought BBC MediaCityUK and the Trafford Centre to Manchester. Peel Holdings are investing a huge £5.5 billion to create ‘Liverpool Waters’ on Liverpool’s waterfront which is the biggest regeneration scheme to grace the UK since the 2012 Olympics. This project will completely transform the docklands in Liverpool bringing Grade A commercial spaces, retail, residential apartments and leisure facilities to ultimately increase the demand for homes in the area.
City Residence benefits from being conveniently located in the middle of these three key regeneration projects providing a fantastic investment opportunity for buy to let investors looking to make high rental income and maximum capital growth.
*Mortgages Available Subject to Lending Criteria own Circumstances