City Residence - Construction Updates
City Residence is in the heart of the new regeneration zone of Liverpool Central North. Located less than 3 minutes from the commercial & business centres in Liverpool and minutes to Sandhills train station which links to the underground and bus routes.
The report outlines the work that has been carried out since November and has proved to be progressing speedily.
Construction is within schedule and the developer has not advised of any changes to the completion date.
City Residence – Construction Update September 2018
This City Terraces construction update details all works progressed at the site thus far. Surplus waste is being removed from the site and the core stairs have now been installed. Drainage works are also ongoing and slab infill has commenced on the ground floor.
• Continued removal of surplus waste off site.
• All plaster removed from existing walls.
• New core stairs have been installed.
• Under slab drainage installation has commenced.
• Under slab pop up for drainage.
• Substructure brickwork has commenced.
• Ground floor slabs infill has commenced.
• SFS/Block infill panels are being installed.
City Residence – Construction Update August 2018
• Continued breaking out concrete stairs
• Installed various new steelwork supports
• Completed the demolition works to the link walkway
• Commenced the drainage works
• Continued the envelope infills
• Continued building internal walls
• Commenced pot & beam floor infills
• Continued the removal of plaster off walls
• Continued with the removal of surplus waste off site
• Completed the cleaning out of the lift shaft
• Commenced and completed the cutting out and disposal of the steel water tanks in the lift shaft
• Installed temporary lighting up the lift shaft
City Residence – Construction Update July 2018
• Established full site set up.
• Cabin electrics installed.
• Installation of site transformers.
• Manufacturing and installation of angles for floor infill in Block 2.
• Manufactured and installed steel framework in Block 2.
• First floor window frames removed and concrete upstands removed.
• Ground floor walls removed in Block 1.
• New flat opening cut out and old opening blocked up in Block 1.
• Block 1 ground floor openings cut out and several lintels have been installed on
external wall skins.
• Installation of blockwork walls on Block 1’s ground floor.
• Stair flights cut and broken out leaving half landings in situ in Blocks 1 and 4.
• Completed blockwork infill to lift shaft area.
• Blocked up old openings in Block 4.
• Commencement of concrete upstand removal in the link area.
• Broke out section of concrete adjacent to main entrance.
• Digging out of numerous trial holes.
• Back filled redundant inspection chambers.
• Acoustic test has been carried out.
• Continued to demolish walls in Block 4.
• Commencement of roof removal works.
• Continued the removal of plaster off the walls and ceilings.
• Continued with the removal of surplus waste off site.
City Residence – Construction Update June 2018
The latest City Terraces Construction Update shows the key activities in the latest construction period which include the removal of asbestos, plaster and
surplus waste plus steelwork support posts. Several tasks are scheduled for the next period which will mainly focus on the continued clearance on site to
make way for construction.
Completed the removal of the Asbestos AIB board.
Continued with the demolition of the walls throughout.
Installed the steelwork support posts.
Installed the electrical switch, distribution board and meter.
Installed the brickwork ‘spine’ walls to block 2 from ground to second floor roof level.
Progressed the blockwork to the lift shaft area.
Continued the removal of plaster off the walls and ceilings.
Continued with the removal of surplus waste off site.
City Residence – Construction Update May 2018
This City Terraces Construction Update highlights the successful removal of asbestos and the completion of demolition works. Works on removing internal
walls and the commencement of block and brick work will continue to develop in order to set the foundations for further construction in the next period.
Key tasks include the installation of electric meters and the removal of waste.
The asbestos has now been successfully removed.
Demolition works have been completed.
The internal walls on the third floor are currently being removed.
All materials are on site.
The brick layers are on site and have started the new block work.
The brick work for the dividing walls to the apartments has commenced.
Site cabin has been installed.
The stone ramp in the courtyard has been built.
The surplus waste is now 90% removed.
City Residence – Construction Update April 2018
Enabling works commenced on Monday 9th April 2018 including the securing of the site, installation of handrail edge protection and checks on the existing
electrical utility supply. It has been established that the existing incoming electrical supply is now live.
The existing palisade fencing has been cut down and stored in the front courtyard, ready for the excavator to attend site and remove the main posts.
The soft strip works have also commenced to the various floors with carpet tiles, door frames, toilet cubicles, vanity units and loose plaster being removed.
The concrete cutting specialist has also attended the site to review the scope of works to the low level rear single storey building. The concrete cutting to
the existing beams within this area is programmed to take place shortly.
City Residence Drone Footage – February 2018
City Residence – Construction Update November 2017
Notable progress is visible on site this month at Stanley Road as all plots now have gas, water and electrics connected and metered. In plots 1-8, second fix works are complete and painters are now in, finishing decoration in the kitchens.
In plots 9-6, works are in their final stages with snagging now taking place.
Second fix works are complete in plots 17-18, with the kitchen currently in the process of being fitted. Painters are due to start work shortly.
Moreover, in plots 19-21, first and second fix works are currently in progress with kitchens soon to be installed. Plaster is completed in plots 22-23, with plastering in plots 24-25 due for completion in the coming week. Plastering in plots 26-30 will then follow.
Regarding externals, gardens have been laid out for all plots, with soil in place and tested for a validation report to be issued to Liverpool City Council.
All rear gardens, comprising plots 1-16, now have flagged areas, which have been completed. In addition, works fronting onto Stanley Road are near completion.
The developer now has the bond wording, which has been sent off prior to commencement after the Christmas break – once permission has been granted to work on the highways.
City Residence – Construction Update October 2017
Virgin Media has now been completed & there equipment was eventually removed this week
• Plots 9- 16 Scaffold being dropped with 1st fix trades progressing, plaster due to start this week when access available
• Plots 1-8 Roof tile completing & 1st fix joiner progressing
• Plots 17- 30 Roof tile in progress
• Plots 22-23 complete frame being lifted to wall plate, delayed due to high winds
• The scaffolding has been dropped to plots 16-9 this week, then continuing with plots 1-8 next week & continuing around the site with all scaffold expected to be off site by end of September
• The windows to plots 1- 16 had to wait for the metal pods to be fitted on the front due to the size needed for strength in the box surround’s before the windows could be measured which put 3 weeks onto the call off
• With the delay the first fixing has continued internally & completed to plots 16-9 with the windows being fitted on Friday 15th September with plots 1-8 staring on Friday 22nd September
• All the windows have been ordered for the rest of scheme & will also be fitted by end of September
• Plasterer is starting to load up the plots on with a view to start once windows are in
• We also have an issue were the electric boxes have been built to drawing & the electric company have said they will not accept as they are too low, they all have be moved up to accommodate the request
• Fitting to commence on Friday 15th September
• Progress has been impacted by strong winds
• Windows to Plots 1-16 have been waiting upon fixing of metal pods fitting
• Fitting to commence on Friday 15th September.
City Residence – Construction Update September 2017
Currently on target for all properties to be completed as per schedule
Plots are at varying stages from having the roof timbers installed to being plastered:
Plots 1 - 8 are currently at the first fix stage with joiners. Plumbers and electricians will be starting on these units next week once plots 9 -16 are completed
Plots 9 – 16 are currently at the first fix stage with plumbers & electricians. Plasterers will be starting on these units next week
Plots 17 - 21 now have roof timbers which are nearly completed and roof tilers will be starting next week
Plots 22-25 will have the roof timbers installed from next week and the roof tilers are to follow the week after
Plots 26 - 28 now have roof timbers which are nearly completed and roof tilers will be starting next week
Plots 29 - 30 have seen the start of the roof tiling and plan to see the first fix joiners starting next week
City Residence – Construction Update July 2017
Plots 1-16 brickwork has been completed to chamber height. Joinery is on site to install roof trusses. The brickwork continues on the remaining 3 bed plots with joiners to follow.
City Residence – Construction Update May 2017
All of the four bed houses on Stanley Road are now to first lift brickwork, with first lift scaffold erected on all of these houses. Joiners are onsite and installing joists to hold the floor on the first floor level on half of the houses, with the other half to follow shortly.
The three bed houses on Lemon Street side of the site are now also to first lift brickwork, with first lift scaffold erected on all of these houses and joiners scheduled to install joists next week.
The three bed houses on the Great Mersey Street side of the site have slabs in place, with brickwork to damp course level scheduled to commence next week.
City Residence – Construction Update April 2017
All civil engineering infrastructure is now completely installed, including drainage, ancillary services and the new road has had the first layer of tarmac.
All houses have had a 'block and beam' foundation installed and brickwork to damp course level. The next stage will be for brickwork to be constructed and the structure of the houses will become defined shortly.
City Residence – Construction Update March 2017
The main areas of progress in the build of City Residence in the last month includes all plots being up to slab level, and main drainage for waste and surface water is also now also installed.
Infrastructure works are currently being carried out to the new road that will link the site to Lemon Street and Great Mersey Street, with a view to base coating the road in the very near future.
The development on site is running according to plan, and on target for completion as expected in Q4 of 2017.
City Residence – Construction Update Feb 2017
Following the plot clearance in November, the construction team have been working hard (including on Boxing Day) to dig down to foundation levels of all houses.
Since the short Christmas & New Year break, we are delighted with the speed of progress, and all houses have had piling completed, foundations installed and some houses have even got the first course of brickwork now in place.
Therefore, the build is currently running to schedule.Regular updates will be sent out at each stage of construction from foundations through to completion of the building. If you need any further information in the mean time, please feel free to call us at the following offices: